You’ve lost weight before. And then you gained it back, right? You’re not alone. It happens to so many of us. We lose a significant amount of weight and gain it back, lose it and gain it back again.
This time, why not try something different?
At Viva Wellness in San Diego, we’ve seen patients lose and successfully keep off hundreds of pounds through our HCG Weight Loss Program.
HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) is a hormone produced by a pregnant woman’s placenta, and regular HCG injections can support your weight loss in two important ways:
- HCG injections help suppress hunger.
- HCG injections trigger your body to burn fat, not muscle.
Suppressing hunger is an obvious plus when trying to lose weight. But how your body loses that weight is important, too. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue does. So hanging on to your muscle is a key factor, especially in maintaining the weight loss.
With an optimal dosing plan and a low-calorie diet plan (500 to 1500 calories per day), you can lose a half-pound to a pound per day!
Some critics are skeptical about HCG injections because they say it’s the caloric restriction that is responsible for the weight loss, not the injections. Well, they’re partly right. The calorie deficit created by the diet plan does, in fact, create the weight loss itself, but it’s the HCG injections that determine whether it’s fat or muscle that has been lost. And when it comes to keeping the weight off, that makes a huge difference.
The HCG injections help you retain muscle mass while you lose weight. They change your body composition in terms of muscle over fat, and this helps you keep the weight off. Because remember, muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue. So everything you do after you lose weight with HCG will have more impact than if you lose the weight without it.
One study found that people who used HCG injections in combination with the diet plan were able to lose 40% less muscle than those who lost the same amount of weight on their own.
Some important things to note about HCG injections:
- 70% of patients prefer once-a-week injections, while others experience greater benefit of having injections bi-weekly or every other day.
- Dosage and frequency will be determined after a consultation with Dr. Tachuk.
- Recent studies show that low dose subcutaneous injections work better than high-dose intramuscular injections. They can be used long term and with fewer side effects.
- Patients who experienced weight gain after a hormonal change such as pregnancy, hysterectomy, tubal ligation, miscarriage, menopause or peri-menopause tend to get the most benefit from HCG injections.
- HCG injections work for both men and women. Men also receive the added benefit of increased endogenous testosterone production, which helps create lean body mass in males.
- Patients can administer their HCG injections at a time of day that’s most convenient for them.
- Some patients continue to take HCG injections as part of a maintenance program after they have met their weight loss goals.
- HCG will not interact with other medications.
- Some other benefits of HCG include: reduction of cravings; increased libido in post-menopausal women and men over 40; strong anti-inflammatory effects.
Are you looking to lose weight and keep it off?
Are you tired of yo-yoing up and down on the scale? Our HCG Weight Loss program may be the right program for you. At Viva Wellness, Dr. Tachuk and the rest of our team want to help you jumpstart your weight loss and get the results that motivate you to make long-term lifestyle changes. Having the support of a medical doctor while you transition to a slimmer, fitter you might just be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Give us a call or stop by our office to schedule a consultation today.