It’s time to be honest. How many diets have you tried? How long have you been trying to lose weight? Have you given up the fight because it’s just too hard to shed the pounds and keep them off?
At Viva Wellness in San Diego, we feel your pain. For some of us, the struggle to lose weight seems to be a life-long burden with no end in sight. Even when we manage to lose a few pounds, they sneak right back – and then some.
But we promise that it is possible to reach your weight loss goals, and at Viva Wellness, we would love to create a medical weight loss plan to help you do just that.
What is a medical weight loss plan?
A medical weight loss plan is a personalized, physician-supervised plan of attack to help you reach your weight loss goals. It may include one or more of the following:
- A medical evaluation
- Inventory of potential environmental, lifestyle, or medical weight-gain factors
- Fitness advice
- Nutritional counseling
- A healthy weight loss diet
- An exercise prescription
- Prescription weight loss medication
- Injections (such as HCG) to support the body’s metabolism and liver function
For those who struggle with losing weight on their own, a medical weight loss plan can make all the difference.
Who is a candidate for medical weight loss therapy?
There are many reasons a person might seek the assistance of a medical professional to reach their weight loss goals. A candidate for medical weight loss therapy may have:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher (This is your body fat relative to your weight and height.)
- Weight-related conditions, such as:
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Heart disease
- Joint problems
- Metabolic syndrome
- Hormonal imbalances that make it difficult to lose weight
- A history of yo-yo dieting
- The desire to improve their health and lose 5-30% of their body weight
In addition, a good candidate for a medical weight loss plan must have:
- The willingness to commit to long-term lifestyle and behavior changes
- The willingness to commit to regular follow-up visits with the monitoring physician
The benefits of having a physician supervise your weight loss regimen
If you’ve struggled to lose weight for a long time, then you understand how tempting fad diets and extreme weight loss measures can be. But you may also have direct experience with how easy it is to re-gain all the weight lost (if any), so that your efforts seem to have been for nothing. In addition, you may be aware that many fad diets and extreme weight loss measures put your health at risk.
Having a physician on your side to supervise your weight loss regimen may be the key to helping you stay health and reach your weight loss goals. The benefits of losing weight with the help of a medical professional include:
- A personalized medical evaluation and diet plan
- Fitness advice and instruction suited to your individual needs
- Access to prescription medications to help support your weight loss
- Consistent monitoring of your health and progress
- An accountability partner to help keep you on track
- Long-term support for long-lasting results and improved quality of life
When you work consistently with a trusted physician on a medical weight loss plan, you get results that stick. Wouldn’t it be nice for your weight loss efforts to finally pay off – for good?
Dr. Tachuk can help you shed more pounds faster.
At Viva Wellness in San Diego, our medical weight loss programs are tailored to your individual needs. Dr. Tachuk will begin by listening to your concerns, evaluating your condition, and taking into account your medical history. From there, he will recommend a plan of action designed to result in a healthier, slimmer, more radiant you.
Give us a call to schedule your weight loss consultation today.