Performed individually or in a series of treatments to revitalize and maintain the skin’s appearance and smoothness. Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. It is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun
damage, and stretch marks.
Common Reasons for Treatment:
- Improve age spots and blackheads
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of dark skin)
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Microdermabrasion also aids in thickening collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that makes your skin appear taut and smooth. As we age collagen production declines resulting in looser, uneven skin making it more important than ever to stimulate collagen growth.